What do I do if I need to collect my child early?
If you need to pick up your child early please let your child’s teacher know prior if possible, otherwise contact the front office who will then arrange for them to be signed out and waiting for you to collect them.
What do I do if we are late to school?
Teachers will mark the roll every morning by 9am. If you are arriving after this time you will need to go to the front office and sign your child in.
Do I need to notify the school if my child is going to be absent?
Yes. Parents/ caregivers will need to let the school know by phone, Seesaw app, or in person. This is part of our responsibility as a school to ensure that your child is safe and all absences are explained.
What are the expectations regarding homework?
Each class will have different rules and expectations regarding homework and the amount that will need to be done. These expectations will be communicated to you by the class teacher. All students are strongly encouraged to be reading age/ ability appropriate books every night to reinforce the skills being taught at school. More information can be found regarding homework expectations by viewing our homework policy which can be found on the website.
Who do I talk to if I feel my child is being harassed at school?
Teachers support students at all year levels to develop strategies to deal with this type of behaviour and support them with any difficulties they may be facing. Should you still be concerned with issues that are occurring please make contact first with your child’s teacher to assist. If there is still no resolution after involving the teacher please make contact with school leadership.
Can my child bring a mobile phone to school?
Whilst we understand that mobile phones are a significant part of our modern lives it is school policy that students are to have their phones turned off and in the agreed classroom storage areas whilst they are on school grounds. Should students need to contact parents during the school day or parents need to get a message to their child, this is to be managed through the front office. Should students be found to be using phones on school grounds they will be confiscated and can be collected at the end of the day.

Refer to our Electronic Devices policy for more information.

What is the best way to communicate with my child’s teacher?

All teachers will have their own way of arranging communication with parents and this will be shared with you at the start of the year. A lot of teachers use apps such as Seesaw and School Star or can be contacted through email. Should you wish to speak to them directly this can be done in person before or after school or you can make a phone call to the office who will put you in touch with the teacher.

Can my child bring money to school?
Yes. Students can bring money to school for spending at the canteen or to pay for things such as excursions and uniforms via the cash office. All money that is brought to school is the child’s responsibility. It is up to the discretion of the child’s teacher whether they will care for the money during the day.
What do I do if my child has a medical condition?
If your child has a specific medical condition or allergy which requires treatment, please let us know on the student medical information form which is part of the pack you will receive when they enrol. If your child is already enrolled, when they are diagnosed please inform front office staff as soon as possible so that the appropriate arrangements can be made to ensure your child’s safety.
Is Settlers Farm zoned?
Yes, the school is zoned. Depending on enrolments we can sometimes take students from outside our catchment area. Please contact the office for more information.
Do I need to contact the school if I move house?
Yes. Please contact the school ASAP if your address changes. You will need to provide the school with documentation outlining your new address so that we can update our records.
Does Settlers Farm have a Kindergarten and OSHC?
Settlers Farm Campus have both a kindergarten and OSHC attached. More information can be found about both of these services by following the links in the banner across the top of our website.
What do I do if our contact details change? eg change of address, contact details etc

Please complete the attached form and return to Settlers Farm Campus R-6 with your supporting documents.

Updating Student Details Form